Yep. It’s last call, folks. The Pish Posh 8 Week Challenge is coming to an end. I will end this fun endeavor with my highlight/blooper reel but before I do, I want to thank Pish Posh. This gal is incredible, not only as a writer and the fearless leader of this challenge, but as a person. She is going through some hard times right now, and I can only hope she knows how much we are all here to support her. Pish, I’m sending you all the good juju I have. You deserve it.
Without further ado, The Good, The Bad and The FUgly about my experience with the Pish Posh 8 Week Challenge:
- Came to terms with my new
bootylicious bootybody shape/structure, and shopped for clothes that worked with it.
- Had a nasty cold, which meant all I wanted to do was eat to feel better.
- Broke up with my boyfriend, which meant all I wanted to do was eat to feel better.
- Realized that my “cheat foods” on
PaleoFaileo plus face-eating of pints of Haagen Dazs were causing stupid weight gain.
- Flipped tires, climbed ropes, jumped over boxes and onto boxes, lifted a ton of weight, ran a race in a tutu, smashed my previous 5K time, and probably confused/bored you all to death with my CrossFit updates. But thanks for putting up with it!!! 🙂
- Fought with the scale, but have stopped the calorie counting cold-turkey and replaced it with listening more to what my body NEEDS. Not wants. The mental adjustment continues… it is so difficult when you’ve been heavy and are determined to never let yourself get back there. Didn’t know that about me? Yep. Go read here if you want my body journey.
- Took a break. Ate my way through Vegas.
- Upon return, I knocked all that cheating/emotional eating shit off and decided to sumo-tackle a Whole30. Happy to report I’ve been completely, 100%, entirely dairy-free and grain-free, alcohol-free, and legume-free for 15 days now.
- Jumped on a 4 week plank challenge over here and I better have some damn ab muscles to show for it when it’s over. 🙂
- Tried a ton of new recipes and learned the hard way that blenders and wooden spoons don’t play well in the sandbox. Oops.
My goals for the rest of the year are:
- Finish out my Whole30 without cheating.
- Continue on the path of healthy eating, with kindness and love to myself instead of anger at a number on the scale.
- Keep CrossFit’n like a badass. I want to be able to do kipping pull-ups by mid-November!!
In closing (snifffffffff waaahhh), I tried, and I bellyflopped a little, but I consider the lessons learned worthwhile. I certainly know I couldn’t have persevered through the rough weeks or the days I did not want to work out without my challenge buddies cheering me on (or twitter-smacking me upside the head, THANKS GUYS). It helped to see myself through your kind and objective eyes. Eyes that are nowhere near as critical as my own. It helped me be nicer to myself about what I see in the mirror or on the scale. Because Pish Posh is right, we all need to take better care.
Y’all stay in touch with your progress!