Good things about this week:
I worked hard at the gym. Slept more. I cut way back on the almond butter, and the last two days I’ve tried eliminating nuts altogether. Just an experiment, to see if my system behaves better without them.
Bad things about this week:
The emotional train-wreckage of last week continued throughout the weekend. Thank the LAWD Jason is understanding and that we are figuring out how to best deal with one another. He still thinks I’m cute and adorable even when my claws come out, which makes me pretty damn lucky. But there was also ice cream. And a little bit of wine. But way too much ice cream. I MUST do better this coming week! The recipe I’ve included below will be a good substitute. And? Fuck you, Coconut Macaroon Haagen Dazs.
Since the last Challenge post, I’ve done 6 days of CrossFit, 1 day of yoga and 2 days of rest. Big YAY moments for me were:
- This morning I successfully climbed a 15ft rope!!! 5 times!!! I do believe my ninja socks were the reason. Maybe not, but I’m going to keep telling myself that. 🙂 Because it was awesome to feel all ninja and stuff.
- I am getting WAY better with my “kipping” style pullups. Wtf is that? It’s where you use your body weight in a cool swinging-up motion to help heave yourself up to the bar for a pullup. These are HARD for me, as I am not the most petite of ladies. But there was a breakthrough this week, where I finally started to get it!
- I made it to yoga on Saturday morning. With all the balls-to-the-wall of CrossFit, it just feels so damn good to breathe, flow, stretch and bend. Not to mention it’s an awesome mind-cleanse for someone like me, who internalizes every goddamn thing to the point of driving myself bonkers.
Theme of the week: Workout Playlists!
Here is my current go-to list, titled F(ootb)ALL 2012:
- Danny, Dakota & the Wishing Well, A Silent Film
- I Will Wait, Mumford & Sons
- Blow Me (One last kiss), P!nk
- Feel Again, One Republic
- I Can Only Imagine, David Guetta
- Home, Philip Phillips
- Overjoyed, Matchbox Twenty
- Girl on Fire, Alicia Keys ft. Nicki Minaj
- Lights, Ellie Goulding
I don’t know how many other people will be as obsessed as I am with this lil’ gem, but I cannot stop eating it. I swear, even those of you who hate plain Greek yogurt, this will change your mind.
BANANA CAKE BATTER
- 1/2 ripe banana, mashed till it’s nice and mooshy
- 1/4 to 1/3Cup Fage 0% Greek Yogurt, Plain
- dash cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- splash Coconut/Almond Milk
- Organic unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
Stir that shizz up like crazy and eat! I deVOURED this served over my Paleo Waffles, holy crap it was good! Then later, I ate it alone and it made an awesome mid-day sweet treat with enough protein to tide me over till dinner. It could also be great for after dinner snack/dessert or as a fruit dip.
Nutritionally, it’s comparable to the typical brand-name flavored Greek yogurts with fruit on the bottom, but has WAY less sugar (9g) and only natural ones, for about the same calories. Mine does have 3g of fat because I chose to add shredded unsweetened coconut. That’s totally optional if you want to keep it fat-free!
Nutrition info for Dannon’s Oikos Fat Free with Strawberry:
Added sugar + fructose?? C’mon. We can do better for our bodies.
Week 3 is in the books! Almost halfway there!