I am not being coy about my love life, I promise. There is a post in the works that will spill the beans soon. But first, PPC Update – Month 2!
Back in April I decided to take a break from the online dating shitshow and focus on myself for a bit. It was dubbed Project Peach Cadet, and set of rules were created for my self-improvement mission. If you need a refresher of the rules, here they are. (PPC rules and PPC Month 1 status)
Month 2 has been, for the most part, awesome. Here’s the skinny, pun intended.
- Cut the butts – I am still smoke-free!!! I consider this the biggest accomplishment for myself and my health. The cardio at the gym is getting way easier and the cravings are all but gone. Happiest about this one.
- Work it out – yep. I go 5-6 days a week to strength train, cross train, cardio or yoga it up.
- Personal Trainer hell – completed my 15 sessions with K and am happy I invested in him. It’s still difficult for me to really SEE the results yet, but my arms and shoulders do look more defined. It’s easier to feel the results, though. My clothes fit better and I can do things that used to be impossible previously! (ie: yoga headstands, pushups, side planks)
- Foodie – I’ve done major experimenting with my diet and have shifted away from processed junk and sugars. (mostly. hate my sweet tooth!!!) Struggling still with staying within my calorie intake vs what I burned off at the gym. The balance is difficult and according to MyFitnessPal I am habitually not eating enough. I don’t want my body to go into “starvation mode” and hold onto the fats, but if it’s 11pm and I still have 700 calories to eat, what is a girl to do?!?! (Uhmmmm…. bottle of wine? Yes, please.) Not really. I’m not giving up and will keep trying to figure it out. There are worse problems to have. Oh damn. I have to eat more. That sucks. ~said no one, ever.
- Don’t be boozy – I have cut WAY back on the booze and save it for special occasions or holidays.
- Invest in me – I certainly am doing so physically. The harder aspect is investing in myself emotionally. I’ve felt pretty house-bound and anti-social this month, minus the trip to Cali. As a result, I have way too much time to think and lament and what-if (and dream about ex-boyfriends). The un-friending of the ex on Facebook was huge for me and if there is ONE good thing I did for myself emotionally this month, that is it. Go me. But I damn sure need to get out and be more social with other young-and-singles. I’ve felt pretty damn lonely all month. Not alone, because I have amazing friends. But lonely. Such is the life of the single girl. Shit happens.
- Be happy – Just giving myself permission to do whatever the hell makes me happy has been a good step forward. Whether this meant booking the trip to Cali or just not answering my phone for a day, it doesn’t matter. I’ve spent far too many years focused on the happiness of someone else, to the detriment of my own. This feels good.
Thanks for reading the PPC progress, if you’ve made it this far. I think we all go through times in our lives where we get fed up and make big changes to be happy with ourselves. This is where I am at the moment. But don’t worry, I promise I have more juicy stories up my writing sleeve. And I damn sure plan to get out there and make some new ones soon!